The Advanced Wound Management and Debridement Course has been specifically designed for clinicians who wish to advance their practical knowledge of chronic wound management in conjunction with augmenting their debridement ability.
The course further develops the knowledge, skills, networking and practice of clinicians dealing with chronic wounds. This course delivers up-to-date knowledge of wound repair and enhances debridement skills under the expert guidance of an experienced surgeon Professor Donald MacLellan.
No matter what type of health professional you are (GP, Nurse, Podiatrist) or how experienced you are in wound debridement, this course will allow you to take full advantage of current knowledge of wound repair and will further develop your practical skills. The course delivers over 12 contact hours.
Course presentations include:
- Update on Wound Pathophysiology
- Methods of Debridment & Biopsy
- Wound Assessment & Microbiology
- Pahtophysiology and Managment of Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Lower Limb Oedema
- Complex Wounds-eg Myco Ulcerans, Vasculitic ulcer
- Analgesia & Local Anaesthetics
- Legal & Ethical Implications
- Ultrasound & Mechanical Debridement Demonstrations
Each Attendee will practice:
- Instrument handling skills
- Conservative Sharp Debridement
- Cureting Skills
- Punch Biopsy
This Debridement course provides the theoretical and practical knowledge and skill acquisition required for credentialing in line with international recommendations. It does not credential the clinician to undertake debridement in clinical practice. Credentialing is a responsibility of the clinician’s organization.
Course Fees & Inclusions
Registration AUD $600
- Welcome Tea & Coffee
- Morning and Afternoon Tea
- Buffet Lunch
- Presentation Slides/Notes
- Course Materials incl pr-reading articles
Accommodation is the responsibility of the attendees.
Special rates are available from the venue hotel, please ensure you quote “HEMI Australia” to obtain these special rates