The Nurse Practitioner and Advanced Wound Specialist Forum is an innovative educational program for experienced health professionals specialising in the management of complex wounds and tissue repair. It is expected that clinicians attending the Forum are well experienced in the practice of wound management and already understand the fundamentals of tissue repair.
The Forum further develops and builds on the knowledge, values, skills, networking and practice of the advanced wound clinician as defined in the ANMC competency standards for Nurse Practitioners.
The Nurse Practitioner and Advanced Wound Specialist Forum offers the following:
- Advanced knowledge of wound related sciences and extended skills in clinical assessment and diagnostic reasoning.
- Ability to assess a patient’s complex wound care problem through synthesis of historical and clinical data and advanced knowledge and prioritisation of investigative options.
- Ability to synthesise and interpret the clinical information and provide well-reasoned differential diagnoses.
- Ability to make informed and autonomous decisions about preventative, diagnostic and therapeutic responses including pharmacology and interventions that are based on clinical and scientific evidence and patient choices.
- Commitment to Evidence Based Practice and collaborative practice.
- Enhanced understanding of professional nursing issues of relevance to senior practicing clinicians.
- Over 16 contact hours of professional development.
Registration $600(inc gst)
- Welcome Tea & Coffee
- Morning and Afternoon Tea
- Light Lunch
- Course Materials
- Course Certificate
Accommodation is the responsibility of the attendees.
Special rates are available from the venue hotel, please ensure you quote “HEMI Australia” to obtain these special rates